Earth Explorer is a free trial software application from the Science subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2009-09-25. The program can be installed on WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Windows2000, WinXP, Windows2003, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Mac OS X, Mac OS X 10.1, Mac OS X 10.2, Mac OS X 10.3, Mac OS X 10.4, Mac OS X 10.5.
Earth Explorer is GPS Enabled digital map software with high-resolution satellite imagery, shaded relief topographic imagery and blending imagery of the two. It also include location information of 270 countries and regions, 50000+ cities, 15000+ islands and 50000+ earthquakes from 1973; And outline information of political boundaries, rivers, lakes, coastlines of the world and etc. All those map information was integrated together for providing a total 3D view of our beautiful planet earth. You can place your own placemarks and path routes to the map, show GPS tracks on the map and keep them with the maps if you connected with a GPS device. Beside these, it has many other interesting functions, you can regard it is a kind of educational scientific software of geography.
1. Support realtime satellite map GPS navigation on vehicle/ship/plane;
2. Support 30m-res satellite image(Landsat7) and 90m-res SRTM picture exploring in online/offline mode;
3. Include information of 270 countries and regions, 40000+ cities, 15000+ islands, 50000+ earthquakes from 1973 and vector layers includes political boundaries, coastlines, rivers, lakes, longitude-latitude grids;
4. User can add their own Placemarks, Paths, GPS Tracks to Earth Explorer;
5. User can define and add their own map style to Earth Explorer;
6. Support NEMA-0183 compatible GPS receiver;
7. Other functions like Measure and calculate distance and bearing between any two location, find by name, show day/night shadow effect, adjust Gamma, and etc.
8. Download maps to disk cache in background (Advanced license).
Earth Explorer (version 6.1) has a file size of 10.23 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1559 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.